Broadband DataoneBSNL has a world class, multi-gigabit, multi-protocol, convergent IP infrastructure through National Internet Backbone, through which it is providing convergent services through the same backbone and broadband access network. The Broadband service is available on ADSL technology (on the same copper cable that is used for connecting telephone), on a countrywide basis.
In terms of infrastructure for broadband services NIB has put India at par with most advanced nations. The services that are supported includes:
- Always-on broadband access to the Internet for residential and business customers
- Content based services
- Internet Protocol TV (IPTV)
- Games on Demand
- Music and Video on Demand
- Voice and Video over Broadband
- IP Telephony
- Distance learning
- Messaging: plain and feature rich
- Multi-site MPLS VPNs with Quality of Service (QoS) guarantees
Major Highlights of Broadband Service
- High speed Internet connectivity (upto 24 Mbps)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) service to the broadband customers
- Dial VPN service to MPLS VPN customers.
- Multicast video services, video-on-demand, etc. through the Broadband Remote Access Server (BRAS)
- To provide a means to bill for the aforesaid services by either time-based or volume-based billing. It shall provide the customer with the option to select the services through web server.
- Pre-paid and post paid broadband services.
Technical Capability of the Backbone
The Broadband Service is being given through the state of the art Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) based IP Infrastructure, which is designed to provide reliable routes to cover all possible destinations within and outside the country. Layer 1 of the network consist of a high speed Backbone comprising of 24 powerful Core Routers connected with high speed 2.5 Gbps(STM-16) links. The routers are located on the national DWDM network interfacing at STM-16 optical level to provide for high transmission speeds.
What the customer needs in order to be able to use Broadband?
- BSNL's Bfone (Basic phone) connection
- Personel Computer with 10/100 Ethernet Port
- ADSL CPE (Customer Premise Equipment). This can be taken from BSNL at nominal rental per month.
How do I apply for a BSNL Broadband connection
For applying a broadband connection you may download the form from this page and submit the same at your nearest BSNL Customer Service Center. You may also apply online by Clicking Here.